Monday, February 16, 2009

Florida Training

Hey Everyone,

Here in Clermont Florida training hard. We arrived on Friday and got straight to work. We headed to the NTC for a 4500m swim. Not bad for just driving 18 hours straight. Thankfully we only got 1 speeding ticket!

Saturday was seen as a light day because of the race we were gearing up for Sunday. It was a 2000m swim in the morning then a 18mile bike ride and a 30min run. The goal was to get 6min pick ups in each. The bike and run were feeling great! So I was really excited for the race Sunday.

Sunday I woke up feeling great and excited. I have put some serious hours in over the winter training especially in the water. So I was feeling confident in my race. Goal was to kill it.

The swim was a mile long. Which is good for me if there is a longer bike, but it was only 18mile bike, so anaerobic was the key word of the day. When the gun went off I tried sticking to the feet of the front pack but fell off slightly and caught onto the 2nd group. I was really pleased with my swim and felt comfortable in the water. I came out with a 22 min swim, which is around a 1:23 per 100 swim. Not too shabby for February.

Onto the bike I new it was going to be good. I cranked it out and had the 9th fastest bike split of the day on my Guru and ISM saddle. Holding 25mph, which is around 40km.

Off the bike I was feeling great. I have been putting in hours on the treadmill getting my speed off and it payed off. Pushed the first 2miles in just over 11:25 then held strong and finished with a 30min 8km. That gave me 10th overall.

I am very pleased with the progress and it will only get better. I have great sponsors who are keeping me going strong and improving me everyday.

Thanks to everyone, who is helping me achieve my goals.

Day 3 Recovery Day.

Went to the pool and did 4600m swim. Shoulders were tight but what could you do! Then got on the bike and did a solid 2 hour ride around 200watts into a 35 min run. Should have been 30 min but got lost..haha

Report more later!

No comments: