Thursday, February 19, 2009

CENTURY WHAT!

Today we took the day off Swimming, running and focused on the Ride!  Today's Workout was a 5 hour ride and in the middle do a 6 x hill repeats in the biggest ring.  I only had a 12 on the back because of a seized bearing so I pushed it a bit harder.

The ride was great!  I was feeling strong and from the winter riding it shows I am pretty fit right now.  I took 2 bottles of Gatorade, 4 power bars and 2 gels.  We made it to 4 hours and was at 120km.  This is when Jen got cocky and said lets ride a century (which is 160km!)  So we attacked!  

It was going well then all of a sudden the clouds opened up and we got dumped on.  It was some of the hardest rain I have ever ridden in!  We pushed through and got it done.  We finished the ride with 164km of riding!  Not too bad for a February ride.  

I was freezing after the ride and opted out of swimming and went shopping.   I had to find something for my wife Shannon!....Finding a solid gift allows me to come back next year to train!

Time to eat.  Big 20mile run tomorrow.  Gotta represent! 

No comments: