Monday, June 1, 2009

Milton Race Report

The weather was calling for a cold one and that it was! I was feeling good going into the race with a solid saturday warm up.

The morning was chilly. The water went from 64 degrees down to 57 degrees...not cool. The wind also picked up to 65km per hour. Fun Fun.

So the swim started and I started off well. I had the new Xterra Vendetta Wetsuit, which felt awesome. I couldn't get into a groove they the current pushing me into the boys! I was able to see everything though with my Sable goggles! Amazing as always. I few of us got together and swam in together and came out just over 11 minutes. Not bad can be better.

My transition was slow trying to get my gloves off but once I got on my bike I was feeling good. Like I talked in previous blogs my bike was dialed in by Younique Cycles and was feeling great. Guru stiffed up the back end, which I could really feel. The customization of the frame allowed me to be in aero for the whole ride...funny enough the top leaders all had Guru's...need I say more. But no one can match my ISM Pink Saddle..haha

Into the run was feeling good.... except for not feeling my feet! Got onto the run and ran down the guy in front of me. Taylor caught me with 2 km left and actually felt good to go fast. Actually work.

Came in 9th overall. It was an ok not great. Took 5th last year..ggrrrrr. I must say though my hydration was great with Cera Sport Ex1 No cramping and right after the race I was on my Trigger Point system getting healthy for some serious training.

Report: I had some things come up, which will not allow me to race at the Rev3tri in Connecticut. I want to thank Heather for all the help and excited to get down there in 2010. Also Greg for giving me a place to stay!

Muskoka Chase is coming up....getting ready

No comments: