Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Training Up to Date

June is a big month. Finally into the groove! Nice weather, weight is good and feeling healthy! My buddy Steph and I had a bet for the month of June. No coffee, no junk food and no alcohol! I am now on Day 2 and let me tell you it is going to be a bumpy ride but a good one. I am allowed green tea to keep the caffeine flowing in me!

Yesterday was great. Legs were a bit tired from the race but hit the pool in the morning with Mississauga and was hitting 50's in under 40. Solid for a recovery swim. Ended up doing around 3400m then headed back to work. The day was looking crappy out but motivation is at a high so mounted my road bike and headed out! It was rainy and cold but as Lance would say he is busting his ass on the bike and so am I. Thankfully I had some company, Brian who I train. I made him go do 2 hours before me then I met up for the last 2....he is a trooper! Legs were feeling great after that!

Today was all about the run. I am still trying to get that gear I had last year to kick and hurt on the run! Today did just that. Headed back to Neyagawa with a team of runners. Their goal was to break me. Jim started off the First Lap and pushed the pace. We went 35 for the first lap, which is solid then dropped it down to a 34 on the 2nd lap. 10 miles in I grabbed my Cera Sport Ex1 to reload...trust me no coffee makes you need something in the body! Onto the 3rd lap Jim gave the baton to Mark the Elk Parsons who trotted his way up the hills. Mark is a tank running and pushed me hard, I wasn't letting him go though! I dropped the hammer and dropped him and put down a 33 on my 3rd lap. 25km in I hit the road and did some extra running to get to 2 hours. Not a bad day out there. I refueled and have the 2xU compression socks on right now! Also rolling on the Trigger Point because my legs are feeling like mush! Wicked day, starting to get that hurt back!

5 comments:

JJ Neely said...

Tyler. Where can I get my hands on some Cera Sport?
I also live in Milton. Thanks. JJ

Tyler Lord said...

Hey JJ,

It is not distributed in Canada, but is easily sent over from Virginia. If you like we can meet up and I can give you a pack to try. After that you can contact Jennifer Rapp at jrapp@ceraproducts.us! Let me know I think it is a terrific product!

JJ Neely said...

Tyler that would be awesome. I checked their web and the product looks great. Drop me a line jjneely@sympatico.ca and lets see if we can work something out.

cerasport1 said...

Hey JJ - just contact cerasport at www.cerasport.com
or customerservice@ceraproducts.us
and we can help you!

cerasport1 said...

Hey JJ,
We can help you - just see www.ceraproductsinc.com and you'll see a place to click "contact us" and just send us a note!
to customerservice@ceraproducts.us

Best wishes,
Charlene