Thursday, June 4, 2009

Milton photos and Day 4



It is day 4 of my no coffee, no alcohol and no junk food. It was not a good day. Hopefully my body will start to accept the fact that for 1 month I am making my body a temple. I think the hardest thing is in the morning. Being at the gym for 5am and waking up for 3:50am takes a toll on my body. Ps, Green tea isn't as tasteful as coffee! I made it through and really focused my attention on the training. As everyone knows I decided not to do Conneticut. This meant more time for training. I have been really working the swimming and I think it will pay off in Muskoka! 27min would be awesome!

The workout today was crazy. Just the look on paper was enough to make you want to curl up back in bed. 10 x Bell School Line top to bottom then a Time Trial to Milton (roughly 55min) at race pace. Jump off bike and do 4 x 1 mile below race pace. Mat made me work and I threw down Nothing over 5:40 per mile. My best was a 5:33. Not bad! Then back on the bike and Time Trial home. I was feeling fast today and ready for tomorrow!

I will be swimming in Caledon with Darren, then heading to Guelph to meet up with James Loaring. Going to be fun, we haven't met up in a while to train together!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK Tyler,

There is the difference between my 38 year old AG body and your younger pro body. I can't go 3 days without Red Wine! 1 month and you would find me in the wing of a local hospital talking to walls.

God speed to you on the "cleanse"...I am going to pour myself a nice glass of Beringer Cabernet-:)

See you in Muskoka!

Tyler Lord said...

haha! Love it Rhys, day 5 is going well, I figured if I keep myself busy I can keep it going strong. Weekend is coming so I have to hold strong!