Thursday, March 19, 2009

What a Wednesday


Today was an epic day of training.  It started out with Deb and Anne in the gym kicking butt!  They did a hard full body workout and smashed it.  After that Heather attacked and threw down another solid workout!   Next was my turn.
Right now, all I can think about is St.Croix and smashing it this year.  After a flat it put me out of the race, all though I finished it wasn't my best performance.  I am feeling strong on the hills and was ready to put the speed to work!
Workout 1:  15 min warm up then a 45 min tempo run sub 6 min miles.  15min cool down with some pick ups.  I started out on the treadmill and within 3 minutes I ended up running down Lakeshore.  I was feeling good and got into it.  My main focus on this run was to hurt or drop!  I started off feeling good and it only got better.  I ran down Lakeshore, which is constantly rolling hills.  After all said and done I polished 10 miles easy!
Interlude:  I booked an appointment with Patti Campbell (RMT on Lakeshore), she was great and broke me.  As she put it flushed out the system!  After that I got home went grocery shopping then I had an epsom salt bath.
Workout 2:  Aerobic Ride, 2 hours rolling hills.  Ride Strong.  I was feeling really good and had some good tunes to get me into the groove.  The weather was finally co-operating so it made it easy to be out there for 2 hours.  There was some serious wind out there..haha
Workout 3:  4000m swim:  The main set was 30 x 100 and let me tell you after a big workout day swimming is tough!  I felt really good with the paddles on every 2nd 100m and really focused on a strong stroke on the odd 100.
After that got home and into the tent I went.  Took it high last night and slept at 10 000 ft!  Sleep high Train low!

No comments: