Friday, March 20, 2009

Thursday & Friday

Thursday was a solid day. After recovering from my massage I geared up for a ride on my custom Guru. The weather was a bit chilly, but the wind was crazy today. It was heading south and the workout called for 300 + watts on the bike...which made it easy to know which way we were going to head!


I called on Brian Miller, who is an age group athlete who is going to kill it this year at Ironman France! After doing a 60min roller ride we met up and warmed up. The goal was to recover with the wind and pound the crap out of ourselves with the wind! The workout called for 5min all out! Into 5min recovery x 8. It was so windy that I was only averaging 36km an hour and easily pushing over 300+ watts! The section of road we used was a 3km rolling section, which I can usually do sub 5 min. I couldn't even make it! Love the wind! Brian learned how to hurt today!

That night I was burnt out from work and riding and called it a night. I learned if the body says no rest.  I went up to 10 000 ft again to get the full benefits of sleep!

Today was a blast.  The goal was to feel fast and do 8x1km repeats with 1 min rest.  I called my wife and asked if she wanted to do a little run with me..  I made her a sweet deal and said I would take her out for Breakfast at Cora's.  She took my offer!

My Goal was to stick around 3:15km per km.  I was feeling solid and Shannon kept me going with some sweet music!  She did great and averaged around 4:20 per km!  It was a well deserved breakfast!  

....Just want to thank Sable Water optics for the sweet goggles and 2Xu shirt with  a great logo!  Time to get fast in the water!

Also I will keep everyone posted on the Retul I am doing on Monday.  Always trying to get an edge and Ian from www.youniquecycles.ca is keeping me ahead of the game!

Night time!

No comments: