Sunday, March 8, 2009

Toronto Time!


Yesterday was a great training day.  I met up with Dave Hewson in Toronto and after some serious smack talking we were ready to get training.  We headed to the Toronto athletic club to throw down a little swim.  Dave was an animal out there and after we saw the lifeguard couldn't swim (inside joke..haha) , we had to focus on saving ourselves...haha  We started off with an easy 1000 warm up and went into the main set, which was all threshold.  It was a yard pool but Dave and I were still throwing down some serious times!
After that swim we got some food in the engine and got ready for a run.  It was a rainy mess outside so we decided to take it to the cemetery off of St.Clair.  I learned it was an 8km loop that a lot of serious runners train at!  About 20min in I started to get a serious noose bleed, which wouldn't stop.  We were keeping a solid pace and there was no way to bring my heart rate down.  Dave then spotted a kleenex on the ground.  It was a bit used but when a nose is bleeding you gotta stop it!  So I attacked and got it all the way up there!  We had a great run, even with the rain!
After the run we had a glass of wine and I headed to Mike and Jenn's Party, which was also in Toronto!  It was a great day and evening, also my wife looked stunning when I got to the party..wasn't to excited that she was taller then me with her hells on ..haha 

No comments: