Sunday, November 22, 2009

Trainer or Outdoor Riding?


As most of you know the weather in Ontario has been, how you say, ridiculous. Today was 10 degrees outside and no need for a winter jacket or even snow tires on my bike. I headed out with Larry, Glenn and Brian today for a Aerobic 3 hour ride..Brian averaged about a 150 bpm so he was working a bit harder...so kidding Brian! It is great to be out riding right now and back into the groove of things. It was also great to hit the road and want to ride. I find during the months of October and November my motivation to ride decreases as the weather turns.

The past couple of weeks my motivation is back and I have cranked out the trainer pretty much everyday! 2 hours is easy! I find the computrainer an essential tool to get me faster on the bike because it doesn't lie. You put it at 300 watts and it stays there and you can't take it easy or avoid it. When doing tempo work it really forces me to suck up the pain and push my threshold. Don't get me wrong riding outside is a blast and great for mileage but power is needed to keep progressing in this sport of Triathlon.

After looking at the splits in Clearwater I am going to have to walk harder then ever because sub 2 hour seems easy for some of these professionals out there. 2 weeks South Carolina, Sean and I are putting in the miles and getting ready for 2010. Bike splits are going to be insane!

Over the winter anyone who wants to put down my miles on the trainer you know where to find me...!!! Keep the good weather coming!

No comments: