Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Personal Training

I was training clients last night at Kim Gym and I was having a blast and thought to myself how great it is to not only be a professional athlete but also a person who loves their job. Training is tough, don't get me wrong. Waking up at 4am every morning, being on call for clients all the time and then heading back to the gym, when most peoples days are over to train some more. I know some people say it is easy but stay motivated 24 hours a day, be on your feet most of the day and be there for people who need your help, with no time to rest....Try it out and tell me how it goes. I am one of the lucky ones who has only had mono twice from not resting haha.

I get asked by cleints if being a professional Triathlete is your dream and will I win the big show one day, and too be honest my goals are to be ranked in the top 10 in Long Course Triathlon but not to win, that would be a bonus. I love working with people, giving them the skills to do what I have done and help them lead a healthy life. Also I enjoy providing for my family and going out with Shannon. Not going to sacrifice that!

I have formed some great friendships along the way with training and helped a lot of people through difficult times. I am super excited about the path I have chosen and thanks to everyone who has been there along the way. Also to my wife who puts up with my blackberry going off every 2 seconds Thank you and I love you Shannon.

Lift Weights and Run!! it's good for you..haha

4 comments:

LARRY BRADLEY said...

Hey Tyler,

Read your twitter while reading the blog. Which race are you doing on Sat? Is it one of the XC races in Guelph?

Tyler Lord said...

Doing the 5km

Unknown said...

Nice blog Tyler.... see you tonight to lift weights & run :)

LARRY BRADLEY said...

Cool, just try not to lap me.