Monday, September 21, 2009

Milton Caution to all Runners

I was excited for today's workout. I did a great swim in the morning with Mike and I was off to do a 90min tempo run. The goal was to do a solid 60min tempo and get around 13miles done. It was a light rain, which I was excited for because I find it always keeps me a bit cool. Now for the run.....

Started off great with a 15min warm up. I ran along the paved path, which was made for runners. I was around 3miles into my run when I heard someone yelling. I looked to my right and some guy in a beat up oldsmobile was yelling and all I could make out was something about runners need to get off the road and a middle finger in the air? I shook it off and kept on running. I was around 6 miles in and again I heard someone yelling? It was a different guy! I couldn't believe it? I didn't smell bad and I was running on the path? I waved and again I was given the finger. At this point I figured it wasn't my day for running outside, although I was running great! ..... On my way home I was still doing my tempo run and ran through an intersection, with the little white man telling me to go and what else could have happened but a car hit me!! The lady in a Ford Edge was not paying attention at all, looking the other way and on the cell phone had me up on her hood. Luckily i braced with my arm and ended up on her hood, but honestly how hard is it to look both ways.

So that is my running story. Quenton Cassidy has had a long day and going to bad after a serious episode of CSI MIAMI

4 comments:

LARRY BRADLEY said...

Hey Tyler,

A little of this topic but it is the first item in your blog so you will probably notice it.

I see that you plan to ramp up your running for the marathon. I also would like to focus on running this fall, to get in some races, but I am not sure how many rides I need to put in weekly so that I do not lose all that I was able to gain this season.

Last fall I was injured so I could not run but I was able to ride, which helped build my cycling.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you very much!
Larry

Tyler Lord said...

Hey Larry Toss me your email

LARRY BRADLEY said...

Tyler,

larrybradleytoronto@yahoo.ca

Thank you!
Larry

Aaron said...

Dude, that sucks! Hope everything's okay.

That's why you run the trails at Neyagawa - only deer and squirrels.