Sunday, September 20, 2009

Call me Quenton Cassidy

After a solid effort in Montreal my body shut down (may have been from the alcohol consumed after the race) but it was time for a rest. I took Monday and Tuesday off, and just focused on getting my clients into train. It was nice for a couple days not to worry about getting a run in or heading to the pool. By Wednesday though it was back to business.

I met up with Mike at the pool and it is time to get my swim going. We hammered out a serious 300m set and I was hitting them around 4:20, not too shabby. Going to have to get much faster then that! Thursday was a 2.5 hour bike into a 30min run but Friday was a bad azz training day! Sean Bechtel and I met up for a 3 hour tempo ride. The weather said sunny but it seems every time Sean and I ride together it has to rain! So 60 min into our tempo ride the sky opened up and of course it rained again! This time I was ok with it and just smiled it off! We ended up doing 100km in around 2:47. Not too shabby and off the bike we dropped a moderate tempo 30min run. Should have been easy but we seem to always be racing.haha

Now for the weekend! My new alias is Quenton Cassidy. You have to read Once a runner to understand where I am coming from. My only goal right now is the Marathon coming up on November 1st. I would love to drop a sub 2:45 marathon, which I know is attainable. The run for today was as follows: 15min warm up, some strides, into 10x 1 MILE!!! 2min rest in between each Mile. I decided the best way to get it done was to head to the track. Mentally it was going to be tough. After all the mile's were complete I averaged out around 5:45 per mile. Rufus helped me on the last mile and dropped a 5:42 mile! That's my puppy.

Off for an easy run and ride will keep everyone posted on the Marathon training

No comments: