Friday, June 19, 2009

Training Week

I was feeling really motivated after a solid race weekend so it was time to train again. I was feeling sluggish, so Lisa made me work to get it out..haha That's what she does.

Tuesday:

My Legs were still sore so I put on my 2XU compression socks and headed to Hilton Falls. It is a 9.5km loop but if you start from your car it is exactly 10km. The terrain is a bit dodgy but all and all a solid loop. Just keep your eyes on the prize! Jimbo joined me and I figured he thought he could put the hurt on me...he was wrong. We did a 15min warm up then the goal was a Fartlek pace. Meaning hammer for different amounts of time then pull back to work on fast pacing. I was ranging between 30-45 sec sprints with 30 sec recovery. Then we took it into race pace for the last 10 min. We made the 10km loop in 42min, which gave us a 3 min cool down...not bad at all!

That night I went to swim with Mississauga, which again owned me.

Wednesday:

Morning Swim with Mississauaga. I was feeling fast today and I can't exactly remember the main set but was hitting my 200's on 2:48...for me that is quick! I also for warm up had to wear a snorkel, which let me tell you is tough as hell!

That afternoon it started to rain, which meant only one thing! Run time!!! I love running in the rain, I still haven't figured out why, it always makes me really tired after but I am like a big kid jumping in the puddles. I went out with the Elk Parsons, who pressed when I had to pee. Not cool, but hunted him down and gave him a solid splash, which wrinkled his tail feathers! It was a solid 6:45 pace for 90min. Nothing slower nothing faster. I will be honest, there was not a lot in the tank on this run put pushed on! thanks for the help Mark.


Thursday: This was a great Speed day. Jim joined me again at my place for a trainer ride. The goal was a 90 min ride and for 20min in the middle hold a tempo pace, which for me was around 280 watts. I have a flow trainer so I set it at 280 and held strong! It was feeling great, really going to push the bike in these upcoming races! Off the bike the goal was simple. 15min under 6min miles. I am lucky I live close to a track so off we went and I stuck every 200m at 45 seconds and then pressed in the last few minutes to get under 6min miles! Feeling good.

To top it off we then headed to the pool and did a 1000m warm up into 10x100m on 1:30. I was coming in around 1:27 and leaving. It was pretty much a full out swim, but that is what I need to be doing!

Today is an off day, or as I like to call it golf day! I went to Cross Winds today and had a great game. My buddy Steph came and shot a 37 front 9! Amazing, best he has ever shot then blew up on the back and he let me get him! I ended up shooting a 85 and Steph shot an 86!

Also I still have a set up Blackwell Research Wheels for Sale. If anyone would like them I will get rid of them for $1100 bucks. Just got my new HED wheels so they are just sitting here!

1 comment:

Adrian Del Monte said...

Hey dude.
I'm interested.
But I really don't have $1100 (which I know you've already dropped from $1600).
What's good about Blackwell?
Email my personal account.
Adrian