Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tapering Down



I have had a couple wicked days of training! After the smash fest on the weekend it was time to cool it down for Chase...which is no longer the chase! Come on lady professionals! We want to hunt you down!

Tuesday was a good day. I had to put the fast back in my legs so I headed to the track. I had Jimbo Slice meet me there after he did a killer swim of 200's! The set was a 15min warm up 4x1km then shut it down. Feel fast was the key of the workout. I was feeling great and had some solid splits! 1) 3:32 2) 3:29 3) 3:19 4) 3:27. Wanted to see what I could do on # 3 haha. Then I called it quits during the evening! Sorry Mike for not making the swim, have to work sometimes!

Today was great. Jim Met me at 4:45am at the gym for a build bike workout into a run. I forgot my watch so we did it by songs. After a 15min warm up we did 5 x 5min hard as you can with a song easy. We were moving and feeling fast. Off the bike we had to run a 10min run at race pace. So for me was 3:43 per km around 6min mile pace. It was feeling good. Excited for the weekend in Muskoka!

Here is the morning set up at the gym, with Tara representing the morning crew at 5am! Also I put up a clip of my trip to Mt.Ventoux! Was looking at my camera and forgot I had movies!

No comments: