Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wedding and More Wedding

So training week ok over the past couple of days. I first had to take care of business! I was the MC at Jen and Mike's...now Amaral! Wedding. It was a great night and Both of them looked great. I must say it was nice to be on the other side, knowing how hectic the planning of a wedding is! The food was great and once the music went on Shannon and I were out there shaking it up! Ps, my wife looked amazing!

So earlier in the day we had a rain storm, which stopped before the wedding. I saw a window to get out there and ride but it ended up pouring buckets on me! I took my road bike out so it was ok and to be honest, quite enjoyable. All I could think about was that cover of Lance Armstrong's book WARS! Now I just need to ride like him..haha

After that bike I was able to do a 30 min cruise run...just get out the cob webs and shed a few pounds before I put in a ton of food.

Today was great. Shannon and I slept in a bit because Swim Practice was cancelled. My coach Mke was racing in Quebec at Nationals and with the help of my Xterra wetsuit set a new Provincial Record of 4:14 for 400m. To anyone reading this who doesn't understand times that is fast....like rocket up your bum fast. Mike thanks Xterra! I was able to get out onto the bike today with the help of Derek.

Lately the weather hasn't been cooperating with us and we have had either warm, rainy days or sunny windy as hell days. Today was the windy as hell days. I got out onto my Crono for a tune up before tomorrows race. My main concern was figuring out what wheels I was going to use. As Shannon explains it, like picking out what shoes to wear with her dress. haha I decided tomorrow I am bringing out the 808 on the back and a 404 on the front! Going to be fast. I then got out for a run and was feeling fast. The saucony flats are fast and should do well tomorrow!

I am excited to get out and race with all my tri buddies. It will be good to mingle and race with them....main threat is Sharratt..haha! Love you buddy!

Will let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

Buddy Green said...

Nice race but I guess you had a couple other threats but 9th isn't bad. oh and 4:14 is actually pretty slow like 13 year old girl slow.