Monday, September 24, 2007

Start to a great training week


This past weekend was a great ramp for Florida.

After heading to the Trials in Neyagawa, which by the way are some of the best trails around. If you are heading into them start at the West Bank and Work your way to the East Bank. I was able to throw down a solid 11 miles holding just over 4:15 pace. It felt solid, except for me running into a tree and getting a nice cut down my side. By the time I ended the run I was bleeding!

Later that day got the call from K. Jones to head out on an easy 1:30 bike. Sometimes nice to have company. Except somebody hit a speed bump and ended up ass over tea kettle on the school parking lot. Won't mention any names...Kyle.

Saturday after working in the morning, was able to get out on the mountain bike for a hard 1:30 bike ride in the trails, mainly hills, and then 5 x hard hill repeats off the bike.

Sunday was great and I thank my fiance for the push. After a horrible golf game, I was able to make it out for a solid 1:20 run, finishing with 4min k's. Shannon threw down an hour flawless!

Monday was the start of a great training week ahead. With great weather I made it out for a 90min ride with Pick ups then 20 min core off the bike. At night I was able to throw down 2500m of free style at the pool. 500 warm up. 5x400 swim, pull and pick ups! Tonight we increase the levels on the altitude tent to 6000feet. Boulder Styles!

Oh and Before I forget Good Luck to Matt Maracle and the rest of the St. Catherine's Baseball team in Shanghai China next week. For anyone who doesn't know the Special Olympics are being held there and these athletes are amazing!

No comments: