Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Year End

What a great year of racing. I have had a blast and finished it off with an Ironman. It didn't go as planned but at the end of the day it's just a race;)

What went down at Ironman Florida.

Swim was awesome! They said wetsuit, I smiled and put on my Xterra Vendetta, which is super fast. After a fast start I was off and stuck in a great pack. We swam the full 4km together and came out in 57min, which is quick.

Onto the bike I didn't know how cold it was 4 degrees celsuis and that was chilly. Thanks to however the guy was at the aid station who gave me his gloves! Lifesaver! After a cold start I got into the groove and was flying along. Was glad to get off my Mach after 5:09 of riding.

So as you can see I was having a stellar race. Feeling good I got into the run and 10 miles was going great holding 7:30 per mile. Then it happened!! I guess the 3000 calories in liquid didn't really like me and it wanted out. Over, and over and over again. So run took a bit longer then wanted but hey, they don't call it an Ironman for nothing.

Overall I learned Ironman is a different animal, racing goes out the window and strategy and commitment takes over. I have the utmost respect for everyone who does one and for those who go 8 hours, legendary. Next season is all about Hiperformance Gym, which is going to be huge, racing locally and supporting the athletes I coach. And of course get my groove on as a dad;)

Thanks to sponsors for a great season and can't wait for next year.
Saucony, Mach Bikes, Cera Sport, Xterra, Livrelief, ISM, Sable, Gears, and of course my wife;)

No comments: