Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hurting More in the Off Season....

So last week was Florida Ironman and when I finished my legs were tight, my back was sore and a little discomfort in my neck. I know the effects of the race would last for a couple weeks but the pain went away after 2 days. I am excited for the rest right now with everything on the go but this is also an important time to get back to the basics.

Strength Training is key to decrease any muscular imbalance I am created in season and also decrease any atrophy. I have been doing functional workouts this week with a bit of everything. Kettlebells, ropes, weights and cardio is the usually mix. This puts muscle back onto my body, which in turns creates a higher metabolism to burn more fat!!

I also started back into Muay Thai with the boys at Kim Gym! You want a crazy core workout, come try out a session;)

I believe changing it up at the end of season is key. Your body needs the break and it gives you a chance to rethink goals for next season and have fun!!!

Take care

No comments: