Friday, April 3, 2009

Week Training


What a solid week it has been. I have had some issues with my knee but after a quick drop into see the physio I am good as new. Always need repairs!

Monday was a solid day with a 4000m swim then into a 2 hour bike. Was a windy day so kept it pretty aerobic.

Tuesday was insane! Got a ride in to work in the morning then got ready to ride! I met up with Mark and Noelle on Lakeshore before heading to Jen's house to pick her up. We then headed north to Bell School Line. This is where the fun began! The idea was 8 x 4min up Bell School Line, which is around 21% Grade! The same as the Beast! The Beast is a 600-foot climb in a stretch of highway 7/10 of a mile long with an average grade of 14 percent and a maximum grade of 21 percent! Want to be ready for St.Croix.

The workout was to speed up on 4 repeats then smash the next 4 climbs out of the saddle. OFf the bike run 30 min cruise. Let me tell you off the bike is difficult when you can't feel your legs..haha

That night we did a wicked swim with Masters. I can't remember the set but remember it hurt..haha

Wednesday was a light day. I had another physio appointment and got my leg sorted out. I decided to take Rufus out for an easy 6km run. He was very emotional on the run..haha I tried to swim that night but my pool was closed so ended up getting a latte with Shannon and resting!

No comments: