Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Race Review


Been a while since I have posted.  Sorry to everyone who keeps up with my blog.  I always try and find the time to post but get busy with life.
Back tracking a bit I headed out to Austin Texas to race in the 70.3 Longhorn race.  Also this was Simon Lessing's last race and I was glad to be a part of it!
I was feeling great going into the race, with the help of Lisa I was feeling confident in the water and really felt strong for the run! I ended up staying with Richie...we didn't snuggle this time as I took the coach!  I just wanted to thank Fred (never met him) but let me stay at his place during my stay in Austin.  On a side note I loved Austin and can't wait to go back to train!
Heading into the pro meeting there were 51 pros who came out for this race.  It was a big field and I was excited to be there.  The swim was a non wetsuit swim and with the help of Xterra I was able to come out in 24?? for 2km??  I think it was a bit short but got on the bike and hammered.  I didn't have my Guru yet so had to use my Cervelo, which we have parted ways and also my blackwell wheels!
I hydrated great on the bike and was feeling awesome going into the run.  I didn't have the best timed run but felt great and had the legs moving.  I ended up 25th in the pro field and 28th overall...finally starting to come together!  Finished with a 4:23 70.3!

No comments: