Thursday, September 4, 2008

Breaking Compu Trainers

Today was an awesome set with Mat Reid. We met at Runners Den Waterdown and got to work. After a 15min warm up we got into a few pick ups and then hammered a 20 TT . I can honestly say I have never seen Mat work so hard. He hammered in the warm up and I had to hunt him down like a cheetah to a zebra! I pulled out holding 280 watts for 20 min and Mat did 235 (don't quote me on that!) ....that was just the beginning

We then got into a little set that I like to call hurt! It was supposed to be 5 x 4 min hard but we found a course which was 5.83 km and decided to break ourselves! The first set I was able to avg 301 watts for 7:34 seconds, Mat was 251 watts for 7:54. Next set I went to break! I average 310 watts and killed the course. Mat decided to give it too and came in with over 260 watts!

We cooled it down and tried to rehydrate!

PM Workout: Interval set: 15 min warm up with strides then got into it. Main set 2 x 800m then match it with a mile repeat..do this twice. First set I was running with consistency and did a 3min 800 and did it again. I ran the mile in a solid 6min..but it didn't hurt enough so I made it hurt....! Next set ran a 2:48 800 and then dropped a 2:38 800...then meant I had to throw down a 5:26 mile. I got it done with a 5:23 mile ...i was broken.

I did an easy swim at night with Derek and work on a lot of technique to get the catch and body position down.

Wednesday: I was a bit sore today but had an awesome set with Mat at the pool! (Mat is killing the training) We threw down a 200m warm up then 4 x 50 drill swim. Then came the hurt. 6x (50-75) on 1:05. make the 75 hurt, which it did. Then the main set 12 x 100 on 1:35. I wasn't feeling that great until I came in on 1:28 and thought it was going to be a good day. Slammed out the set and went home to bed!

That night I had to do a 2:30 bike and 30 min run off the bike...nice and easy. I ended up doing a 2 hour bike with Derek and my wife! It was a fun ride then we went out for dinner!

Today is a hard set so will report after it is done hurting!

No comments: