Monday, September 1, 2008

September 1st!

I am back and ready to go!  After a fantastic wedding and a spectacular honeymoon with my wife in France I am good to go for training and getting ready for Muskoka!  I have new goals, new sponsors, and a new outlook on training!  

First off I wanted to say thanks to Ian Maclean and Guru for providing me with a fast ride and getting going faster then I already am.  Also I would like to thank 2XU who makes me look good, Sable for great vision in the water, xterra for making me even faster in the water, and of course Blackwell, which makes my wheels go uber fast!!

I am keeping the wraps on my new ride until it is finished and will bring it out for 70.3 Worlds!

A little background on France.  I know most people reading this will know the Tour de France and stage 15, which is Mt. Ventoux.  This is where Lance there down a serious climb and raced Pantani to the top!  I rented a bike well I was over there and headed for the summit!  What a ride, to think what the tour riders do and to what I was doing is hilarious!  I climbed up in 1:28 and descended in 20 min..haha

I am glad to be home and focused on the task at hand.  My goals are solid and I have people backing me and helping me for the Worlds!

Saturday ( Aug 30th) was the first day of serious training:  It started out with a 4 hour bike.  Did 45 min warm up 45min hammer.  Then 30 min cruise 30 min hammer. Then did another 30 min hammer and a 30min cruise then pushed it out one more time to just ruin my legs.  Ended up being 125km!  Grabbed Rufus and off we ran with a 10 min cruise then 10 x 30 sec strides at the track.  Rufus made it through 5 before calling it a day.  Then we cruised it home!

Sunday (Aug 31st)  Was a crazy run day 1:45 in the morning.  Started with a 30 min cruise.  then 3 x 15 below 1/2 pace.  I ended up pushing out 6:18 per mile on the first 15, then 6:20 on the second 15, and then held on strong for 10 min before blowing up on 6:15 per mile!  Then regrouped and pushed as hard as I could.  There was a 5 min rest in between and then ran home at race pace which is 6:24.  I hurt more then you can believe.
Later in the day I headed to the pool and did a solid drill set to get faster!  Brought out the paddles to really work on speed!

Monday (sept 1st)  Rest day!  Thank god, my legs are shot!  But hit the pool and did a tempo swim keeping up the tempo for 3 x 10 min 30 sec rest in between!  I am taking the optional ride off today and getting ready for a serious ride tomorrow

No comments: