Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Good Start to the week

After a great weekend Monday came fast. On schedule was an easy swim with a lot of technique. I was feeling good and after talking with Barrie, did a double swim practice. 2500m during the day and 3500 during swim practice. Stroke is feeling really strong. Worked a lot on arm position in the water and was flying by the end of the night. Also wasn't supposed to run but the wifey wanted to get in a good 8-10km so we did! Nice and leisure run. I threw in some pick ups because that is what Pre would have done..haha

Tuesday was an ok training day. After feeling the effects of the weekend...and getting little to no sleep because of my work schedule I opted out of the 90 min tempo run and did a 40 min tempo run...as hard as the body could go. 20 easy 20 hard and 20 mod. Felt really strong, then headed off to the pool. Had another great swim practice a lot of work on my back stroke, which is coming along and ended with some 100IM in the water. Lead the pack out...moving up!

My favorite part of the day came when Shannon and I went shopping for new clothes.....ok hoodies! Long story short, we ended up in the Youth section and I am now the owner of XL Boys clothing...it fits so why pay the GST!

Tomorrow I have a big training Day ..hard ass bike with a 90min fartlek run...night time


No comments: