Sunday, June 20, 2010

Guelph Lake Race Report

Today was the Guelph Olympic Distance Triathlon. It was a good test of speed with a bit of money on the line. In Canada it only goes 3 deep so you really have to work!

I was coming off Quassy Rev 3 Half Ironman 2 weeks ago, where I placed 19th out of 33 of the worlds best. I gave myself a bit of taper during the week and was excited to race.

I was excited to swim. They gave us the green light to wear out wetsuit, which meant I was able to put on my Xterra Vendetta wetsuit. Xterra has the fastest wetsuit out and put me in a great place coming out of the water in the top 10 today. I also had my Sable Water Optic goggles on, which gives me the best vision around.

Like always I was excited to get on my bike. Gears Bike Shop has supplied me with the best bike around. The Specialized Transition Pro is so responsive with power that it always gets me to the front of the pack right away. I hammered the bike but had no pop today. Is that a good word. I saw Mark about 300m ahead and couldn't hunt him down! Mark, rode great today and glad he finally put it to me. I averaged 39 km/h, which is pretty good for an off day. Not to mention my bum felt awesome with my ISM Saddle.

I was well hydrated on the bike with Cera Sport EX and felt ready to run. I came off the bike as the 3rd pro and to be honest didn't put it together I was sitting in money contention. Andrew stayed with me then finally broke away and pushed the pace. I fell off and he took me by 20 seconds on the run. I ended up wearing my Saucony Fast Twitch, which have enough support for a flat and don't ruin my feet after a race.

Overall I am happy with the result. It was a fun day and am going home with a fat lip! Thanks Mark for the dolphin kick in the face. Haha.

Thanks to all my sponsors for the great support in the 2010 season. It has been a great year thus far and I am excited about Welland next weekend!

1 comment:

Charisa said...

:20 - I know that feeling. Nice work out there.