Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mileage vs. Quality

It is 6:48 in Victoria right now and I can't sleep so I decided to blog. It has been great to catch up with Kyle and Kelly. There apartment is great, a 2 bedroom located just outside downtown. Down the street are some of the best trials I have been on and as Shannon would say some of the best hiking!

I have been doing a lot of research on the difference between mileage running and Quality running. I came into the sport late so for me building up some serious mileage is necessary because other athletes have been doing it for years running and in the pool. This year I am excited to finally focus on quality running.

There is a great site called www.runbayou.com which calculates your VDOT number. This number will help you put together quality workouts based around the speed your are going at now. I showed it to Kyle and it was sent to his coach right away! Thanks Mike. Looking at the times for most guys in my field you have to run a sub 1:20 off the bike to compete...I am close, with hopefully with a lot of hard work I will be running a 1:18 off the bike this year and placing well within the field!

Ok Back to bed, check out the site!

No comments: