Monday, October 12, 2009

Thanksgiving Day 10km Race Report


What a day to race. The weather is turning quickly and it was a solid 7 degrees out this morning. Shannon was a trooper and held strong to watch me suffer through a 10km!

James Loaring, Mike Hay, Mark Linsmen and I (Team Allied Forces) showed up to throw it down. When we arrived, we also noticed that Speed River and Tayler Milne...1500m Olympian had come to join in the festivities. We found out that they were getting ready for the 10km race next week and were just doing a tempo run...33km tempo that is.

My goal was to hold strong and run a tempo. 35min is my tempo..haha I went out and put down a fast few km's. It was a fun course, which had 5 1/2 laps of Exhibition Park. I knew I was in marathon training because I couldn't go faster or slower just consistent. I felt solid right up through the finish line and just came in under 36! Not too shabby.

2 weeks till the Marathon!

No comments: