Friday, October 30, 2009

Loyal to the Sport


With the marathon around the corner I am proud to announce that Saucony Canada is standing behind me in full support! I have been wearing their Type A3 Racing Flat for 3 years now and honestly there is no shoe out there that will beat it! The shoe is light weight, breathable, good support and looks awesome. Thanks Saucony, I am very excited for this weekend and your support!

My coach called me today and it got me thinking. She asked me what I am going to think about during the marathon? I have trained my bum off for this race and the running side is ready to go now just have to get my head around the mental. People always ask me what I think about and I will let you in on a few thoughts. My main drive is my wife She has put up with countless hours of me not being around training so when I race I always look at my wedding ring and say "I can walk for the next week if I have too...not now." My other main drive is taking specific workouts like 13 x 1 mile or running from Port Credit to Milton. It hurt so much but I got it done!

This marathon is going to be great. I have my thoughts in place and mentally prepared for this race. To all racing good luck, I will see you all out there.

Get READY!!

1 comment:

Brent Poulsen said...

Hit IT!!! Best of luck!
Look forward to reading the race report. make sure your write down your thoughts during mile 18-26.