Friday, June 20, 2008

Week of Hurt

Like I said I would report back on the hurt from Wednesday.

We met at Gulliver's Lake at 9:30 and did a solid warm up before getting our wetsuits on and hitting the water. We did another warm up then 4 x 800m hard around the bouys. I will able to latch onto Brit and Jenn in the swim (thanks ladies...haha) On the Last repeat we ditched the wetsuits and went to town!

The plan for the bike was 3 loops of a 15km course. I brought my road bike with my powertap to monitor the output of watts I was pushing. The 1st lap went ok. I couldn't get into a groove and to be honest was feeling beat up for the next two laps. After the 1st lap I started to feel great. Legs were moving and averaging 300 watts on the bike felt easy. Sean, Yorke and I broke away from the group and never looked back. I haven't felt this good in a while. Legs had no feeling, which is a good thing! No pain, I think it is the tent. After the 3rd lap it was time to run.

So for 45km we averaged 40km and 290 watts on the bike..that is sick. The run felt even better. I was able to throw down a 17 min 5km off the bike and just out run Sean. Body is feeling solid.

Later that night I went for another 9km run with Shannon. It was a nice run to end the night.

Thursday was another epic training day. The goal was to break! I met up at 11am with Mat Reid at his store Runner's Den Waterdown. A solid shop if anyone is in the area! The workout was to run to Downtown Hamilton YMCA for a swim and back. We found out that the run was around 14km to the Y and 14km back! 28km run we ended up doing. My legs felt great. I hammered it the whole run and just felt good. The swim however wasn't that great. Really was hurting only did around 2000m in the pool. Needed to get prepped for the run home..haha

Thanks for the workout Mat.!

Right now including Sundays race I have ran a total of 75km...gonna make a 110km!

No comments: