Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mississauga Half Marathon

Race Review.  Well after a crazy training week who would have thought about doing a 1:22.  

My goal for the day was to hold 6:20 per mile.  I took it out and stuck it.  I didn't change the pace once and Dave was right, it did feel good.  After I finished I got to see my Fiance Shannon cross with an amazing time of 1:46.  She is a machine and I love her so much!  PS she doesn't like hugs after running a half..found that out real quickly!

After the race we headed to Cora's for a solid meal and then we went out for dinner with my family.  A solid day and happy with the results so far.  Now I just have to stick it off a bike.  Thanks Glynn!

This week has been all about the run and swim.  I am gearing up for Texas and it is going to be a chilly race so Xterra is going to get me through the swim with their Vector ProX2.  Fast in the water..fast on the bike and kill the run..I don't ask for much..haha

Tomorrow is a serious brick with the boys...!

No comments: