Thursday, October 11, 2007

How Not To MTB

This is a video of Sean and Mike as we did a MTB ride in Albion Hills on the Monday. First off I just wanted to say I did not attempt this because of the World Championships coming up.....and also I would have ended up in the water..haha After Sean warped his wheel we did a 10min HARD ASS RUN...into 20min easy, that made it about 6km. Then into a 1.2 km swim at the quarry. Sean sent me out like a zebra to get hunted down. Felt really good and he didn't catch me..( I would hope not considering he gave me a 6min head start..) Then we Ate like kings for TG!

Tuesday Came quick and it was back to working out. Today it was rainy and got the courage to go run 21km. A classic route from my house to Neyagawa through the trails and run home. I was able to get that done in 1:35...not bad for a training run. At night we had a 90 min swim practice...it was a blur to me

Wednesday was another good workout for running. This would be the 6th day in a row of running and it is feeling good. I threw down a 75 min run and did 3min hard Fartlek with 2min rest for the whole run. Shannon and I went out for dinner after that and man, when you run that much you gotta eat!

Today was a great workout. Sean met me at the track and we did a 15min warm up...Sean took a shit, and then we got to work..haha...6x1km repeats on 6 min. I opened up with a 3:18km and Sean threw down a 2:58km...after the 6th Sean was able to hold 3min per kilometer and I was holding 3:20 per kilometer....my legs felt like jello. After that I hit the pool and was not informed we were doing IM repeats off the blocks...always fun.

Tomorrow is a 4km swim with a 60 min pick up run....60 miles and counting this week in running..love it!

No comments: